Chateau de la Maltroye was founded in 1941 and situated in Chassagne-Montrachet in the south of the Cote d'Or. The impressive château building is easily recognizable by its 18th-century diamond-patterned glazed tiles roof. Domaine is now in the hands of Jean-Pierre Cornut, the third generation.
Maltroye is one of the largest domains in Chassagne with 15 hectares of land, 13 of which are in Chassagne and 2 are in Santenay, with 70% of the production comprising Premier Cru wine. Around 70,000 bottles are produced each year (60% Chardonnay and 40% Pinot Noir).